Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Run Lucky for Dano

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted a link on facebook about a race going on that benefited the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I looked it up and it was taking place on Dad's birthday, so I knew we had to participate! It is a race where costumes are encouraged, but we went with simple "Super Dano" green shirts and silly hats. We had a great little team!
Lorelei, Eleanor and Olive were pumped to do the fun run!
Misty, Deanna, Anna and I ready to race!
Honey and Olive
Mom and Dad's precious friends, Eddie and Carol were on our team too!

The fun run racers...Stephen, Olive, Honey, Mica, Carol, Eddie, Isaac, Misty, Lorelei and Eleanor!
Deanna, Anna and I ran the 5k. Here we are at the end looking mighty beautiful!
It was Deanna and I's first 5K and we were all pleased with our race results. Anna had gotten a special cake so we ate it in the car after the race as the "finisher's cake". It was pretty chilly outside, so everyone else had already headed home. I bet they wish they would have stayed! When I got home, Olive ran to the door and said "Mommy! I am so proud of you! You won the parade!" Sweet girl, I guess it did kind of look like a parade!
That night she insisted on wearing her Dano shirt to bed over her jammies. I know that made him smile!
We had a great time and were thrilled to help the LLS raise $60,000 that will go toward helping another family not have to celebrate their Dad's birthday without him. I think he would be really proud. We miss him daily, and can't wait for the day we get to see him again in heaven. Happy Birthday Dano! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment